Friday, April 13, 2007

Wedding Preparation Updates

Dad's visit was great, even though it was just 2,5 days. But we managed to do everything we planned, including the dress try on! He loved it and the next weekend I went to order it. When I came to the salon, I couldn't find it on the rack. So, I waited for the assistant to help me. She couldn't find it either. Then she checked it on her computer and pulled it out from the back of the room. You can imagine, I started to get nervous. I was thinking it was all bad sign. :) The reason for them to put my dress away was that it was discontinued starting the following Monday. And the day when I came was literally the very last day when I could order that model! I couldn't believe that and ultimately decided that it was a good sign. Dress is scheduled to arrive on June 13th. Can't wait!!!

Back to my my dad's visit. We also went to the Russian restaurant to have dinner with Mike's family. It was something! Our parents finally met. I think it went well, and both sides left with good feelings. I hope so very much.

Anyways, the preparation for both weddings is going very well. Dad in Russia was checking some restaurants, and we think we found something interesting. We already have a photographer and I have a stylist for my hair and make up. The next step will be to find actors and music for the party and rent cars.

As for American wedding, we booked Bethlehem Chapel of National Cathedral and Chevy Chase Club as a reception site. We have photographer and we are currently working on the guest list to send save-the-day cards. Everything is going very well, I think. It's fun as long as you don't stress out too much about everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.