Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Year in Russia

I am back to New York. It was such a wonderful trip home. There is nothing better than to be with your family. Suddenly you don't worry about bills, what to have for dinner, and lack of furniture and comfort at home. Everything is perfect: the way I remember it, the way I used to. Almost. The feeling that something is so terribly missing didn't leave me even for a second... The feeling, that mom will just walk in and then finally everyone will be together to have a happy New Year's dinner. This feeling will never be gone, I know it.

It's interesting, how habits live in your hands. I know exactly how to turn on light in the rooms, I know where all dishes are, and how to turn on tvs. Click-click-click.. I didn't think about it - my hands were doing it, even though I didn't use all these for six months. It's good to be home.

New Year's night was great. First we were cooking for three days. On the 30th we moved everything to granny's apartment. We bought a tree for out apartment and put decorations on it. On the 31st we bought a tree for the granny's flat. We like to have a real tree. After that dad drove us around the city to see how everything was decorated: it was our walk :) by car. We stopped at the cemetery and put there some flowers. When we came back to granny's apartment we started doing the table. It was such a tasty dinner! When it was close to mindnight, we listened to the president's speech and then opened champagne. We didn't say any toasts, we all knew what we wanted to say: we want this year to be over. We hope the next one will be more kind to us.
Around 2:30 my sister and I went to my friend's house. We spent there good amount of time drinking and dancing. It was a lot of fun! As for the presents, my family did it on the 1st. It was so great! :) Tanya and I made little quizzes for each present, and an answer to a quiz (number) - was a number on a present. We made dad go to count his CDs, granny was remembering how many doors she passes to get to her apartment, we remembered our old home phone number and license plates. My main gift was digital photo camera, professional quality, so now I will be doing really good pictures :) I am very excited about it.

All seven days after New Year's night went very fast! We were visiting our friends at the countryside, I met my high school friend and my university friends, Tanya and I went to the sports club, we made manicure, I did my hair and we went to a night club. I was flying back on Sunday. I was in I.House at 10:30pm Sunday January 7th. And at 9am January 8th, I was already at work. That was great vacations - refreshing and inspiring. As in old Russian legends, knights were getting powers during the battles by leaning on the "Mother-Earth", I got my powers from being home.

No comments: