Monday, February 05, 2007

keeping fingers crossed

Last year, I always had this feeling that I see someone I know on the streets of New York. I though I saw someone from my high school, university or even my sister. But in reality, I never met anyone on the streets I know. I think it changed. Looks like I lived here long enough to meet one of our clients at my gym and a guy from the I. House on subway. I am meeting people! It makes me feel like I belong here.

Today, my dad had an interview at the U.S. consulate in Saint-Petersburg for the American visa. He was invited for the arthroscopy workshop in Chicago, and on the way back home he will have 3 days to visit me. So today, he had this interview and it sounds like he got the visa! The procedure in the consulate is the following: they appoint a day for an interview, you come, answer all the questions and at the end of the interview they tell you if you are approved for visa or not. You get your passport 2-3 days later. That is very interesting time, when you know that you are supposed to get it, but you don't actually have it yet. So, you are still nervous: what if they change their mind! So today they said that dad is all good to get visa, but we are waiting for him to get his passport to start major planning for his visit.

But, oh my god, if he comes here, it would be so awesome! So, so good... But, I will wait, until he gets his passport!

No comments: