
This weekend, Mike and I went to the Video Games Live concert, which was an amazing experience. It was an interesting compromise for both of us: games and going out. As a result, it was the perfect night out, when both of us were pretty happy.
It was my first time at Beacon Theater, which I heard so much about. Honestly, I found it very ugly. Huge woman-warriors statues and ceiling decorations looked more like an exaggerated parody on a theater, rather then something tasteful. The entrance hall was very narrow, so people were jammed in the vestibule. We came early, and got a chance to buy a souvenir t-shirt for Mike.
I very much enjoyed the concert, which was very entertaining. Everything in the United States is entertaining, even the symphony concert! The audience was encouraged to cheer and applaud during the performance when they recognized the piece of music they like. The orchestra and the choir performed my favorite intro to the Civ IV game, and many more video games music pieces, which were very powerful and of a good quality.
Also, I died my hair red Sunday night. It looks totally awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment