Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Gii

Today I woke up at 6, got ready very quickly and went to Rockefeller Plaza 10. There is a Nintendo World store there... I thought I had a chance to buy a Wii console for Mike as a Christmas present, but I failed miserably. I saw the organized line starting one block before the store. The line mostly consisted of young men and older people, I assume, parents who are ready to sacrifice anything in order to get this miracle present for their beloved children. Not really anything, because you can get one of those consoles on ebay for double or triple price. So, these were people who don't want to pay that much or cannot afford it.

I came to the beginning of the line and asked two middle-age women when they came. They said at 10pm last night. "If we knew, we would never-never do it. It doesn't worth it," said one of them. I said: "I think he will forgive me, if I get him one after Christmas." I know that Mike won't mind at all, if I give him Wii after Christmas. Besides, we don't have time for presents this week anyway. (We are leaving for DC Saturday morning.) AND the present he is giving to me is also coming after 26th. So, why did I wake up today at 6 and instead of going to the gym went to that store? What was I thinking? I am telling you what. I was walking on deserted Times Square thinking that Ryan (Mike's cousin) will be jealous if Mike gets one and he won't. I was thinking that I would be a really cool girlfriend much better than others... OMG - that's exactly EXACTLY what Nintendo wants me to think! Alright, taking a big breath, I am not going to fall for it... We are exchanging presents after I come back from Russia. Period.

No comments: