Friday, December 08, 2006

thoughts about life


That was a busy week. Holidays involve a lot of promotions and commercials, and that’s what we are doing in Penny Lane. It is good, though, because I like when it’s busy at work and there is plenty for me to do. At the same time, I always meant to write something for my blog and I literally had no time or I was too tired by the time I had time. Uf!

Today is Friday, and this morning was a difficult one. First, because it is Friday. Second, I had Pub last night, which means I was working till 2:30 a.m. Waking up at 7 after that was a torture, getting out of the hot shower was a torture, deciding on what to wear was a torture and not having a breakfast with Mike was a torture. There is an early session today, so I had to be extra early at work and I had to sacrifice breakfast in order to get to work in time. Oh yeah, and it was freezing cold today! -6 C which feels like -16 C, according to weather.com (21 and 3 in Fahrenheit). So, do you feel my morning? Torture, sacrifice, freezing… But despite all that, I have a good mood! I just need to survive.

The thought that keeps me busy these days is that I have wrong life attitude. I noticed that I don’t live in the presence, which is wrong. I am always looking forward to some future change and basically instead of enjoying present days and I am fully into planning or anticipating something that will happen. For example, right now I am trying to come up with a plan for Valentine’s Day. I am looking through the dozens of Web sites with information about bed and breakfasts around New York. Some of them look really great and the price is affordable. There are some difficulties and problems as well, but it is fun planning. It is a small example. There are bigger issues, like my life status. It’s a great year in New York, I have a good job: not the most challenging, but everything else is absolutely perfect. I live with Mike in a cozy room and everything is great between us. I do fellowship, I am in an interesting city, I meet new people and some of them are becoming my friends, I am going home for vocations. But I spend my days thinking: so, what is next. Why? I should just enjoy what I have; and what next will be next. I’ll try to work on it.

Meanwhile, I am shopping for presents, preparing Christmas cards, doing extra hours in the pub for some extra cash I will need for holidays: regular December. Happy December.

No comments: