At first I thought that Americans have holidays (so nicely spread through the calendar) so that they have something to talk about. Two weeks before Thanksgiving, the only subject of all office small-talks was where and with whom people would spend Thanksgiving. -Are you driving/flying home? Are your parents coming? Is your sister bringing her children? And what are YOU doing for Thanksgiving? Oh that's great! Are you going to eat a lot? ha-ha... and finally -Have a great Thanksgiving, good Turkey, safe trip, fun weekend - see you on Monday!
And Mike and I loaded on a bus to DC. When we came to his house in Bethesda, all the formality suddenly disappeared. I stopped hating Thanksgiving. I absolutely loved that warm gathering of people, who thanked the most simple and the most important thing in their lives: the ability to get together like this - talk about insignificant things, drink some wine, have some food and be happy.
Three days after Thursday were perfect. We slept late, went to the movie theatre all together (Mike, his parents, brother and I), went to a restaurant ones, for other meals we had leftovers of Turkey and stuffing, went shopping, played Risk, watched TV and guys played a lot of their old computer games. I had the best sleep for months. One of the reasons is that it is so quiet there. Especially compared to New York. We didn't want to leave so badly... But we are going to Bethesda again in less then 4 weeks for Christmas!
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment